We are taking steps to be proactive about our office policies regarding the spread of seasonal flu, the common cold, and the novel coronavirus, COVID-19. We take the health and safety of our patients and staff very seriously and have updated our policies and provided additional guidance for our patients below:
Appointment Attendance Guidance
If you are actively sick and exhibiting symptoms like cough, runny nose, fever, or sore throat:
Please reschedule your visit to our office. You can reschedule your visit by giving us a call at 800.230.EYES and selecting the office location.
Do you have a new cough, or are you exhibiting early symptoms of being sick?
Please reschedule your visit to our office. You can reschedule your visit by calling 800.230.EYES.
Also, if you or a family member have recently traveled out of the country: even if you’re not currently exhibiting symptoms, it may also be a good idea to reschedule your visit.
Steps We Are Taking In-Office To Ensure Greater Health & Safety
You’ll be asked to answer a few questions pertaining to the recent state of your health by filling out a form we will provide to you.
If a patient arrives showing symptoms of the seasonal flu or other symptoms of illness, we may ask that they reschedule their appointment to reduce the risk to our staff and other patients.
New Office Sanitation Protocol:
In addition to medical best practices already in place for disinfecting exam and testing equipment in between patients:
- We have added multiple hand sanitizing stations to all locations, as a supplement to multiple sinks always available for handwashing.
In addition to the regularly-scheduled cleaning of all locations by our 3rd-party professional cleaning staff:
- Office surfaces (including, but not limited to: countertops, tables, doorknobs, handles, phones etc.) are being disinfected multiple times throughout the day.
- During off-hours, all offices are being additionally treated with medical-grade cleaning solutions.
- Our office is being electrostatically sprayed with 2A solution each week on off hours.
- Disposable exam chair paper covers have been installed in all exam rooms and are changed for each exam.
- All dispensing tables, exam equipment, chairs, etc. is wiped down with medical grade disinfecting solution before/after patient interactions.
- UV-C sanitizing units and wands are located/in use in all dispensaries for disinfection of handled frames and tools.